Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Project Exceeds Maximum Project Duration"

I recently made two hour and a half movies and then dragged them into iDVD ready to burn them, but when I tried to it said the project exceeded the maximum project duration. I figured since I wanted them both on one disc, I'd go out and buy a dual-layer DVD so it has more space to put both movies on. I came home and set the preferences to 'Double-Layer (DL) - 7.7GB' and then tried to burn it again, but the same "Project exceeds maximum project duration" error came up. What is going on?

iDVD '08, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 2:31 AM

3 replies

Sep 4, 2012 2:57 AM in response to oliviajoy

Hi

What is going on?

Nothing special - but one also must select propper En-Coding Quality as this too is TIME-Limited.

iDVD 08, 09 & 11 has three levels of qualities. (version 7.0.1, 7,0.4 & 7.1.1) and iDVD 6 has the two last ones

• Professional Quality

(movies + menus up to 120 min.) - BEST (but not always for short movies e.g. up to 45 minutes in total)

• Best Performances

(movies + menus less than 60 min.) - High quality on final DVD (Can be best for short movies)

• High Quality (in iDVD08 or 09) / Best Quality (in iDVD6)

(movies + menus up to 120 min.) - slightly lower quality than above

Menu can take 15 minutes or even more - I use a very simple one with no audio or animation like ”Brushed Metal” in old Themes.

About double on DL DVDs.

If Quality is of NO importance - You can also use Roxio Toast™ to squees in about 10 hours on a standard SL-DVD - BUT Quality will be soo poor that VHS recorded in EP-mode (SP = 4 hour, LP = 8 hour and EP 12 - 16 hours) to look like it cam from HollyWood !. Meaning hardly worth to watch 😉

Yours Bengt W

"Project Exceeds Maximum Project Duration"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.