Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy new items in folder isn't working

I attempted to create a folder action to copy any new doc/folder etc that were placed in 'document/uni work' to 'mobile documents/uni work' however once I have set up the folder action it moves a copy of the new file from documents/uni work to mobile documents/uni work but also to mobile document. How do I stop it from putting an additional folder into 'mobile document' - it does not copy the whole folder again, only the new folder or file.

here is how it has been set up.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 6:10 AM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2012 4:37 PM in response to b.andersonau

Hi,

Because the first action return the "document/uni work" folder to the input of the second action.

To create a folder action :

Open Automator.

You must select the ‘Folder Action’ template (not Workflow) and press ‘Choose’ (to specify the folder).

Add "Copy Finder item" action.

Now simply select ‘Save’ from the File menu. Because this is a folder action, it wont ask you where to save the workflow – but simply ask you for a name for the action.

Copy new items in folder isn't working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.