Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Dust particles get inside your iPad screen? What should I do?

I have recently noticed that my iPad 3rd generation has had some defects, there is a random black speck on my screen. I barely use my iPad other for school, and i am very careful with it, I'm worried because I recently bought it. I have the 2 year warranty, would I have to pay to replace it?

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 9:57 AM

It's difficult to analyze what's happened from a distance. However, from what you said, I expect that the warranty WILL cover the repair. Hopefully there's an Apple Store within reasonable distance. If so, make an appointment with the resident "Genius" and take it in. Otherwise, call Apple. 800-275-2273 in the U.S.A. and I think Canada.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2012 9:57 AM in response to AppleAcount96

It's difficult to analyze what's happened from a distance. However, from what you said, I expect that the warranty WILL cover the repair. Hopefully there's an Apple Store within reasonable distance. If so, make an appointment with the resident "Genius" and take it in. Otherwise, call Apple. 800-275-2273 in the U.S.A. and I think Canada.

Can Dust particles get inside your iPad screen? What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.