Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i convert a pages document to word

I created a pages documents and need to email it to someone with Word. How do I convert the pages document so it's accessible in Word.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 11:20 AM

6 replies

Oct 26, 2012 12:24 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

Jerry, my default email program on my Macbook Pro is Mail. When I select the SHARE button in Pages, the choices are to email as Pages, Word or PDF. Both Pages and PDF act as before (in Lion), opening my default Mail client and attaching the file as an icon. However if I choose Word, it takes a little while to think, then I hear a "clink" sound and nothing happens. No error message, no Mail app, nothing. As I think I stated earlier in the thread, this used to work great for sending my document to friends who don't have Pages, only Word. My workaround solution is to go to File > Export and choose Word. The launch the Mail app and attach the file...which used to only take one click.

Someone elsewhere has suggested deleting my plist for Pages and reloading...will try this tonight.

Oct 26, 2012 5:29 PM in response to Susan Smith2

Susan,

It's not a bad workaround. I normally begin an email before thinking about getting the PDF to attach to it. Or, it's a reply to another email and I have to do the export to PDF and then attach it. Not that Sharing a Pages document as a PDF attachment isn't a nice feature, but it's not a crucial one. I really don't know why your system quit working. I'd hesitate to do anything drastic like reloading the OS, but if someone came along who knew what plist file to delete, that would be worth a try. To determine if it's a plist file issue, try doing this in another User Account. If it works fine in another account, it's a preference file issue.

Jerry

how do i convert a pages document to word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.