Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sort reminders in OSX Moutain Lion?

on the iCloud calendar, I can sort reminders by date, description, importance, etc. How can I do that on my desktop in OSX Mountain Lion's Reminders?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 12:37 PM

6 replies

Sep 22, 2012 5:12 AM in response to zlea

zlea wrote:

on the iCloud calendar, I can sort reminders by date, description, importance, etc. How can I do that on my desktop in OSX Mountain Lion's Reminders?

Now you can't even do it in iCloud! It seems that when they separated Reminders from Calendar (and iCal), they got rid of the sorting feature (like sorting alphabetically). Am I missing something? Is sorting Reminders alphabetically (with a list) unavailable in iCloud.com, 10.8, and iOS 6?

Oct 8, 2012 4:04 PM in response to dcmenzel

David,

Can you or anyone else (e.g., someone from Apple) explain why Apple did it this way when it seems such a trivial programming effort to sort this list in logical way? It is inexplicable to me; how is an unsorted list "easier" for users?

Did Apple consciously choose to leave the list unsorted for some obscure reason, or are they employing software engineers who do not understand and/or care how their customers use this function?

Thanks

Oct 19, 2012 6:11 AM in response to jake11

Hi Jake,

yes, I know I can manually sort reminders.

My question was actually about auto-sorting: formerly in iCloud there was a sort-order choice drop-down at the top so I could sort by date, then re-sort by priority, then re-sort by list, then re-sort alphabetically, all within the space of 5 minutes.

It seems extremely illogical to remove such a basic feature: it made the app so much more helpful than it now is.

How to sort reminders in OSX Moutain Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.