Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.8 Server Sharing Privileges not working

I've been banging my head trying to figure this one out. I've created several Share Points from OS 10.8 Server, created different users, but can't eliminate certain users from seeing all share points.

The Online Manual states:

To change the access users or groups have to a shared folder and its contents, select Read & Write, Read Only, Write Only, or No Access next to that user or group name, and then change it to the needed access level.

But only the User "Everyone Else" has the "No Access" preference availabe, All other users have 3 preferences to choose from, Read & Write, Read Only, Write Only...

And I've tried:

User is not in the Access window and "Everyone Else" is set to "No Access", yet User connects to the server from their finder and still sees the Share Point.

Anyone have any ideas?

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 2:01 PM

6 replies

Sep 5, 2012 6:22 AM in response to BlueTiger

In the Server app click on your server name under HARDWARE, then click the Storage tab , choose your folder, click the gear button underneath the folders and finally click Edit permissions...

For every everyone group you can specify custom settings, like in the picture below:

User uploaded file

To remove the ability for everyone (besides the other users you specify) to see folder contents , remove the mark next to List folder Contents (Read Data). In the Custom: Read tree like in the picture.

10.8 Server Sharing Privileges not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.