Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to slide to unlock screan is not responding at all

Please help me in getting this issue resolved. I am not able to slide to unlock my iPad, I have tried the hard reset trick...by pushing the home button and the on and off button at the same waited till the apple picture appeared then after a minute the home screen came up but still unable to slie the arrow to unlock.

\i realy appreciate your help

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 2:11 PM

7 replies

Sep 4, 2012 2:18 PM in response to tkadri

What happens when you try to slide it ? Does the actual slider get a box around it, and if you then double-tap the slider does it then slide across and go to the next screen ? If so then you have VoiceOver on, so try triple-clicking the home button and see if that turns it off - if is does then go into Settings > General > Accessibility and change what Triple-Click Home is set to. If a triple-click doesn't turn it off then see this page for instructions on how to turn it off either directly on your iPad or when connected to your computer's iTunes : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4064

Sep 4, 2012 2:53 PM in response to Demo

Thanks a lot for bearing with me ...I have also tried that, the issue iis that I was never able to complete the recovery only few minutes into the process the Ipad goes into restet by it self the apple appears on the screan and then right away I Tunes will be ejected and I have to start over and over.

Sep 4, 2012 3:03 PM in response to tkadri

I dont know what else that you could possibly try if recovery mode isn't working.

You could try restoring on another computer, and you have a backup on your computer you can always restore from the backup once the iPad is up and running again. Sometimes you have to try recovery mode a few times before you can get it to work.

I assume that you have quit iTunes and rebooted the computer as well before you tried to restore the iPad.

Not able to slide to unlock screan is not responding at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.