Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 3014 every time I try to restore my iPhone 4s. I forgot the passcode and need to restore this device!! Help!!

Every time I try to restore my iPhone 4s I get this error message stating that it cant be restored. I forgot my passcode!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 2:10 PM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2012 2:40 PM in response to jdonb

A little searching goes a long way...

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Errors 3000-3999 (3004, 3013, 3014, 3018, 3164, 3194, and so on): Error codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the update server (gs.apple.com) on ports 80 or 443.

1. Update to the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Verify the computer's date and time are accurate.
  3. Check that your security or firewall software is not interfering with ports 80 or 443, or with the server gs.apple.com.
  4. Follow Troubleshooting security software. Often, uninstalling third-party security software will resolve these errors.
  5. An entry in your hosts file may be redirecting requests to gs.apple.com (see "Unable to contact the iOS software update server gs.apple.com" above).
  6. Internet proxy settings can cause this issue. If you are using a proxy, try without using one.
  7. Test restoring while connected to a known-good network.

Error 3014 every time I try to restore my iPhone 4s. I forgot the passcode and need to restore this device!! Help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.