Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with Xcode game.

My teacher made a joke about an app that should be made for iPhone that is like bingo. I would like to make it so I can show it to him. It is like a bingo board, but has definitions of people (guy with a mohawk, Child on a leash, etc.) chose at random from a bank or something. When you click on the words, it goes to the camera, you take a picture of that described, and it puts it in the square. He said that this app would be fun for the NY State Fair. I was wondering what preset (if any) I should choose to make this app. I would also accept ideas on how to make other parts of this app. I have messed around with basic features of Mac and Mobile apps but nothing this intracite or games for that matter.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), 2.3 GHz i5, 4GB RAM, OCZ 120GB SSD

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 2:51 PM

5 replies

Apr 16, 2013 12:14 PM in response to MacMan240

Using HTML5 and Javascript, or using something such as emscripten or cappuccino that compiles into or translates into Javascript, would allow you to write and run various games, as that can be invoked from an iOS device without requiring on-device development. Using this approach, you can download and execute the game in the browser typically using the canvas tag.

This claims to be a Javascript Bingo game. There are others around.

For on-device development using Xcode and Objective C or Objective C++ or mixed with Lua or whatever else, you'll need Apple developer program access. The various developer programs available get you the digital certificates necessary to load software onto iOS devices. (Without those certificates, you're largely limited in what can be loaded and run in Safari.) Program access can potentially be acquired through your school, and can be acquired through enrollment and paid membership in the Apple iOS developer program, or (not applicable here) paid membership in the Apple enterprise development program.

Help with Xcode game.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.