Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture won't launch on 15" Retina MBP

I recently moved to a Retina 15" MacbookPro. Installed Aperture (app store), and it worked fine with Lion. Upgraded to ML, and now Aperture won't launch. I read the thread having to do with a conflict with Final Cut Express. That's not me. No FCE (or and Final Cut apps) loaded on this machine.

I've removed all existing Aperture libraries (to force the creation of a new library on launch).

I've re-downloaded Aperture from the app store, to make sure I have a nice clean version.

It won't launch.

Anyone else out there having this problem?

I suppose I could try re-installing OSX 10.8, but that seems extreme.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 3:35 PM

4 replies

Sep 4, 2012 3:55 PM in response to filmphotoweb

More info. Some good. Some not so.

Right-clicked iPhoto library in finder and chose Aperture as app to luanch, and Aperture opened it right up.

Tried switching to an Aperture library. Crash.

Repeated launch of iPhoto library.

Tried creating new Aperture library. Crash.

Right-clicked an Aperture library and chose Aperture as app to open, and Aperture opened it up (I think I'd tried this prior to posting, without success, but can't be 100% sure of that)

At any rate, the library I want is now open, so I should just go get some work done, but I'd appreciate any insights into what might be going on.

Thanks,

Chris

Sep 4, 2012 9:59 PM in response to filmphotoweb

I've been searching the forums too - Using Retina MBP with 10.8 and Aperture 3.3.2. I've tried everything in the forums so far - deleting plist, moving out config files, move all libraries out of the Picture directory. Getting it to create a new library, reinstalling.. three times!

iPhoto issue doesn't effect me, nor does FCE.

Basically Aperture 3.3.2 isn't working on MacBook Retina right now and I can't seem to find anywhere to contact Apple and ask for their help. **** annoying, I have a new camara arriving on Friday.

A little URGENT help here Apple. Like release a patch already - this has been kicking around in the forums for over a months now.

Thanks,

Matthew

Aperture won't launch on 15" Retina MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.