Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my iphone notes on my imac?

Before posting here I did a search and understand my iphone notes get synced to Mail. But I don't use Mail on my iMac; I just go straight to a third-party site for my mail.

Today I synced my iPhone and forgot to uncheck Sync Notes and a bunch of old notes got put back on my iPhone that i didn't know were still on my iMac. This is stuff I just want deleted from everywhere, not just from my phone. If I don't use the Mail application on my iMac, how can I delete them from there?

Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 7:15 PM

Hi..

If you ever did use Mail on your Mac, you may need to go into the Mail app and delete your account(s)... or at the very least delete the notes that were stored there previously.

Also, with the iPhone plugged into the Mac, go into iTunes and manage the sync features of the iPhone. Specifically, you want to uncheck the box that enables syncing the Notes.

I hope this is helpful.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2012 7:15 PM in response to ckin

Hi..

If you ever did use Mail on your Mac, you may need to go into the Mail app and delete your account(s)... or at the very least delete the notes that were stored there previously.

Also, with the iPhone plugged into the Mac, go into iTunes and manage the sync features of the iPhone. Specifically, you want to uncheck the box that enables syncing the Notes.

I hope this is helpful.

Where are my iphone notes on my imac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.