Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burn MPG format to DVD on LION

I have converted a VHS video to MPG format. Now I want to burn to DVD. Thorugh some combination of iMovie and iDVD I was able to accomplish this. I am trying to do it again and can't figure out how I did it. I have found many ways using 3rd party software, but since I have already done it once, I don't want to spend any money. Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 5:24 PM

3 replies

Sep 4, 2012 5:59 PM in response to todivefor

If you import your video into iMovie, you can edit it (or not), add a title or whatever, and when you're done, then simply use the "share" function to send it to iDVD. Once you've chosen a menu, theme, etc. simply use "burn" - it will burn it to a DVD. You can also use magic DVD, it's a faster process I believe, but I've never used it.

Sep 4, 2012 6:36 PM in response to todivefor

Well then you may need to use a converter - there is more than one .mpg type (2 and 4 as far as I know); try downloading MPEG Streamclip (free); you don't say which OS you're on - you may also need the MPEG 2 playback component - follow the instructions for it on the MPEG Streamclip site (if you need it). If you do need it, you will need to buy it from Apple store for $20. You will need to convert it to a Quicktime format iMovie can read.

Burn MPG format to DVD on LION

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.