Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AT&T Factory Unlock

Hi

I recently requested to have my iPhone 4 unlocked from AT&T. They approved my request. After receieving instructions on unlocking the phone (which I later found out came from Apple), I went through the steps, basically backing up and restoring the iPhone, and it still remained locked. I attempted the same instructions again and it still remained locked. I turned it off and on and that did nothing.

Can anyone help me here? Is there any other troubleshooting steps to unlocking my iPhone?

Thank you

James

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 6:45 PM

19 replies

Sep 5, 2012 3:35 AM in response to MAE0125

Hey

I called AT&T and they confirmed it was unlocked. However, I am unable to access the APN (Access Point Name) settining under network. Do you or anybody else know if you have to have an AT&T sim card?

I currently have a straight talk sim, but I use to be a AT&T customer therefore they granted me approval to unlock my phone. Does anyone know if this is a problem?

Sep 10, 2012 6:14 AM in response to iSurf1234

You will need to put non-AT&T SIM Card inside the iPhone before performing restore.

So when iTunes doing activation for the first time, it will see other SIM card then returned an 'unlocked' status for your iPhone.

Non-AT&T customers can't get unlock from at&t easily, even an exisiting customers couldn't either, so a simple search on google "unlock at&t imei senseiphone" will help those who cannot unlock AT&T iPhones normally.

For APN settings, open up unlockit.co.nz from the iPhone => Continue => Custom APN =>
Country "United States" and Carrier "Straight Talk" =>
create profile, then install the profile.

Hope it helps!

AT&T Factory Unlock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.