Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I have a security concern about my iPhone

Ok here is what happened I read a story similar to this one and used its link to check if my udid was on the list

http://m.techcrunch.com/2012/09/04/antisec-leaks-1000001-udids-from-a-trove-of-1 2-million-allegedly-stolen-from-an-fbi-laptop/?icid=tc_apple_art&tag=apple

The app I used was udid+ by emonster to get my udid

Then I checked it at this link http://kimosabe.net/test.html

My device was not on the list so far they only have 1,000,001 of the 12,000,000 udid's that were stolen from the FBI

My question is if I buy another apple iPhone and restore this one will it disassociate the devices udid from my apple ID?

And if not how can i do it.( remove a udid from my apple id)

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 8:26 PM

12 replies

Sep 4, 2012 8:45 PM in response to ClearNexus

Please post your thoughts I will not be critical and I advise all apple users to check their iOS devices the stolen udid's are for ipods,iphones, and iPads.

One other thing it is still debatable on weather it was apple who gave the FBI the udid's just saying so their will be no screaming wars over who did what. But it is absolutely a fact that these iD's were stolen from a FBI laptop that was unencrypted- I found this out by looking through multiple variations of the story.

Sep 5, 2012 5:19 AM in response to ClearNexus

Let's see if I understand your concern...

You read on the internet that the government is spying on you and that clever hackers p0wned the FBI and now have your personal information? And now you suggest that everyone who is worried should go to some web site and key in said personal information to see if they have been hacked? Right....

To quote the FBI: "TOTALLY FALSE" (caps in original).

Sep 5, 2012 3:33 PM in response to etresoft

It's false that the information was stolen from the FBI I know that I only found that out today As well but the thing is they do have udids I don't know from where but when I find the list I will post it

But my question was is if I buy another apple iPhone and restore this one will it disassociate the devices udid from my apple ID?

And if not how can i do it.( remove a udid from my apple id)

I'm sorry if you feel sceptical but people have the right to know their stuff is safe not just ignore this happened and just hope it goes away

Sep 5, 2012 5:56 PM in response to etresoft

It sound about right this may just help the millions of people who have had their apple ID stolen now all they have to do is remove their device and the security issue to the apple ID containing the users information should be addresasthma as they say it's time to get a new apple iOS device

Again thanks for your help and not being too harsh in your first comment. Thanks (note I'm not trying to be snide i really want to thank you)

Sep 5, 2012 6:05 PM in response to etresoft

One more thing the source I posted is what the majority of tech news sites are recommending to check if their udid was stolen I am sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to do wrong on to other by missleading them about a threat.

Oh one last thing ign is the most upto date now so i will post below

http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/09/05/apple-ids-were-not-stolen-from-the-fbi

Good news for ios 6 update able devices the udid will be changed to something else so their will be no need to worry for those who can get ios 6.

Please read above article before future comments.

Sep 5, 2012 7:15 PM in response to ClearNexus

ClearNexus wrote:

It sound about right this may just help the millions of people who have had their apple ID stolen now all they have to do is remove their device and the security issue to the apple ID containing the users information should be addresasthma as they say it's time to get a new apple iOS device

Keep in mind that the UDIDs that were reportedly stolen are not the same as Apple IDs. An Apple ID is your authorization for iTunes, the App stores, and Apple Support Communities. None of those were compromised. The UDID is not much more than someone getting your machine's MAC address. Given a whole lot of technical hacking, someone might be able to use a UDID to find out who you are, but they would not get anything other than information. No passwords or financial information would be at risk directly.

Hi I have a security concern about my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.