Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing Safari or Firefox Bookmarks Directly in Dropdown Menu

Is there an add-on or plugin to Safari or Firefox that will enable direct editing of bookmarks from the dropdown menus? I know this can't be done in the native configuration of either browser on OS X.

After evaluating Chrome vs. Firefox vs. Safari, I have to say that there is no ideal browser for OS X. Safari is way better on features and integration with the OS- but you can't edit bookmarks directly. It uses the least RAM of the three.

Firefox is in the middle. Can't edit bookmarks, rather poor integration with the OS, memory usage is tolerable. Funny, since Firefox is the hands-down best browser for Windows and easily configurable.

Chrome has the second best integration with Mac OS; you CAN edit bookmarks directly, it feels good, highly configurable, it's nicely integrated with gestures and swipes, etc., almost as good as Safari, but the memory usage is simply atrocious (almost 800 MB with a single tab open).

Would love to use Safari, but the way it handles bookmarks is just not the best.

Anyone offer their input or suggestions on third party apps to improve bookmark handling in Safari or Firefox?

Mid 2012 macbook pro 15", SSD, 2.7 GHz, Mountain Lion.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 10:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 11:12 PM

ultraspiracle wrote:

Firefox is in the middle. Can't edit bookmarks, rather poor integration with the OS, memory usage is tolerable. Funny, since Firefox is the hands-down best browser for Windows and easily configurable.

You can edit your bookmarks in Firefox - I do it all the time.

Firefox - Bookmarks - Show all Bookmarks - see image below.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2012 11:12 PM in response to ultraspiracle

ultraspiracle wrote:

You can edit your bookmarks in Firefox - I do it all the time.

Firefox - Bookmarks - Show all Bookmarks - see image below.

User uploaded file

Sep 5, 2012 2:19 AM in response to Bimmer 7 Series

Hi Bimmer - thanks for the reply. I was talking more about doing it directly in the dropdown menu rather than going to the bookmarks manager/show all bookmarks. Firefox can do this in Windows, and Chrome can do it in Windows and OS X...guess we just have to wait on future iterations of Firefox/Safari to catch up. Seems like such a simple improvement. Why it's not present in all browsers is a mystery to me.

Thanks again for the pointer.

Editing Safari or Firefox Bookmarks Directly in Dropdown Menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.