Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No connection to internet

I recently bought this new router, model NETGEAR DGN2200v3, and at first everything was O.K. and I could connect to internet. Then, I suddenly lost internet connection and a exclamtion mark appears on the Wi-Fi sign. There I could see that there was perfect signal to my wireless network, however, no internet access. It self-assigns a IP adress and I know that when it stars with 169 there is no intertet connection. I have researched on forums and I have tryed everything I thought that it could make it work again: turning off and back on the router, run the "Assist me" button, change the DNS, and even tryed to make it "forget" the network and set it again but nothing works. I have ran out ideas. Help please!

iMac

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 12:44 AM

3 replies

Apr 30, 2013 8:49 AM in response to FontM2

I also have a problem conneting my Macbook Pro to the Internet. It has been fine but now won't connect either through wifi or ethernet cable. Other machines are fine on both routers. I get a message saying Network change detected.. Any suggestions as to what this means and how to fix it. The routers are fine with another lapop and my Ipad, and the connection to the routers is fine with the Macbook... all suggestions gratefully received.

No connection to internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.