Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a split screen from my mail on IPad 2?

iPad 2

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 6:15 AM

11 replies

Sep 5, 2012 6:55 AM in response to Mimi1955

Quit the app completely. Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Double tap the home button and the task bar will appear with all of your recent/open apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the app that you want to close. Tap the home button or anywhere above the task bar. Relaunch the mail app.

Or....

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

Sep 5, 2012 7:09 AM in response to Mimi1955

If you are holding the iPad in landscape position, the mail app always shows the mail box and mail list on the left side, with the selected message on the right. If you flip the iPad up to portrait, the mailbox list will automatically hide unless you select it using the button on the top left. Once you display it, you can hide it by tapping the displayed message.

This is default behavior and cannot be changed (to my knowledge).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.