Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fujifilm X10 RAW on Aperture

Any sign of this yet? very annoying how every other piece of software supports it but not Aperture? I can see me moving away from it unless they get their finger out, come on Apple.

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 7:13 AM

4 replies

Sep 5, 2012 9:23 AM in response to peterfromwesterham

Apple sponsors these user-to-user forums, but officially neither reads nor responds. The proper balcony on which to leave your feature request is available at "Aperture➞Provide Aperture Feedback".

Since support of proprietary RAW formats ("RAW" describes a family of proprietary file formats for sensor data) usually requires that the camera manufacturer work with the developers of the RAW converter, I suggest you also contact Fuji. They are as likely to have as much influence on when Aperture will support your camera as Apple has.

Sep 6, 2012 12:23 PM in response to peterfromwesterham

it's always someone else's fault

Peter,

nothing in Kirby's response put the blame on anybody.

Raw support is camera specific, as you noticed. Two cpmpanies have to work together to provide raw support in an application, and contacting both companies is the way to tell them of your annoyance with the current situation.

I understand your disappointment - my favorite camera also is not supported, and I have to use dng-converter to process the raw, but since Aperture is exactly the tool I need to organize my photo library I would not give up on it, just because of the missing direct raw support for one camera. 😀

Regards

Léonie

Fujifilm X10 RAW on Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.