Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my Apple ID but cannot edit it on my iPhone or in my iCloud account information. Any suggestions?

I recently changed my Apple ID and password. I have no trouble logging in with the new credentials on a pc, but on my iPhone and iCloud account still show my old email address...how do I change this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1, changed Apple ID & password

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 9:52 AM

I have updated iCloud, but my apple id on my phone still shows the old one, I can't update apps, or make purchases in the store.

4 replies

Mar 1, 2015 2:50 PM in response to angelaklepatz

When I try to delete the old icloud account, I am asked for the password for the apple id email address to which I no longer have access. One of the suggestions said to go to manage my apple id, change the current id to the old id, then use the current password to log in to the old id. This won't work because the email address has to be verified before the change of ids can be activated. I no longer have access to the email account, so this fix won't work. Any other ideas?

I updated my Apple ID but cannot edit it on my iPhone or in my iCloud account information. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.