Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway to transfer files from your Macbook to your iPhone without the use of internet?

I just moved to my very first apartment and I dont have internet. I am a graduate student so I am trying to not spend as much as I can due to limited hours of paid work and other bills. Internet is expensive so I was wondering if there is any way of transfering files such as .pdf, Pages, Word, Excel, Numbers, PowerPoint and Keynote documents from a Macbook Pro to an iPhone 4 without using the internet.

I only need the internet to submit papers and receive/share outlines with my fellow cohort of students. My phone has a data plan, so I was thinking, if I can type the work on my laptop and transfer it to my iPhone, I could use my iPhone to send and receive whatever files I need. Does anyone know if this is even possible?

Thank you!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 8:17 AM

8 replies

Sep 5, 2012 11:30 AM in response to mpera87

Mpera87,

The easiest way to do this without Internet is through iTunes. When you sync your phone, you have the option to add files to your iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Once you have your iPhone Connect to your you can click on the iPhone listed in iTunes on the left side of the screen. After you have selected your iPhone, click on the Apps tab at the top, then at the bottom of the apps page is as an area for file sharing. Click on the appropriate app and choose the files you want to transfer.

Hope this helps and good luck with your studies.

User uploaded file

Mar 6, 2014 5:13 PM in response to mpera87

I never comment on these posts but I had to because you're a lifesaver. It's 1am in the morning, I'm in the middle of nowhere with a laptop with no internet and a phone with lots and no idea how to email my work files in before the deadline. I was at my wits end on you basically saved my sanity with this information. SUCH A LEGEND THANK YOU STEWARTLITTLE103!!!

Mar 6, 2014 5:15 PM in response to Stewartlittle103

I realised I didn't post it to you - I'm such a tit with this forum stuff

I never comment on these posts but I had to because you're a lifesaver. It's 1am in the morning, I'm in the middle of nowhere with a laptop with no internet and a phone with lots and no idea how to email my work files in before the deadline. I was at my wits end on you basically saved my sanity with this information. SUCH A LEGEND THANK YOU STEWARTLITTLE103!!!

Is there anyway to transfer files from your Macbook to your iPhone without the use of internet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.