Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I get the"enrollment code" for iTunes U?

Where do I get the "enrollment code" for iTunes U?

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2017 1:11 PM

How to find my enrol code in itun

11 replies

Sep 6, 2012 9:22 AM in response to wjameslee

There are many, many courses in iTunes U that are open and available to the public. Universities often, however, post material that is intended only for those who are enrolled in a class at that institution. If you're being asked to provide an enrollment code for a course, then the creator of that particular course has decided that they wish to control enrollment and you will need the code to participate.

Regards.

Sep 6, 2012 9:33 AM in response to wjameslee

There's nothing cumbersome about the app and no red tape for any of the open courses. If you wish to participate in a closed course, then obviously you need to have some sort of authorization from the institution, just as you would if you wanted to participate in a live course held in a classroom; you couldn't just walk in there either.

Again, there are many free and open courses available. But if the course you wish to participate in is closed, you need to contact the hosting institution and find out how you enroll.

Sep 6, 2012 9:43 AM in response to wjameslee

I'm not sure what you expected. If a course isn't open to the public, then it's not open, and that's by choice of the institution or instructor providing the course. If you don't like that, then go to whoever is providing the course and explain to them why you think the course should be available to the general public. This is not a technical issue and totally out of Apple's hands.

Feb 2, 2016 10:06 AM in response to sarojbhusal

As @varjak paw pointed out several times, anyone can use iTunes U. If you want to participate in a class, launch iTunes U, tap the "Featured" button at the bottom, and search for a topic. For example, there are featured courses on programming with Swift, biology, economics, history and digital instruction. Scrolling down further you will find classes grouped by topic. Tapping on a course will popup a details view with a "SUBSCRIBE" button; tap that and the course will appear in "My Courses".

Where do I get the"enrollment code" for iTunes U?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.