Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt did work, now doesn't

I have an iMac 27" bought in 2012 with two Thunderbolt monitors. They both worked fine. When I moved the setup to another location, one monitor works fine but the other doesn't come on at all, and the connector gets rather warm. The monitor doesn't come on or get warm at all. (I assume power on is delivered via the port as there is no on/off switch on Thunderbolts) Is this a hardware warranty issue? How do I resolve it? I have tried swapping ports etc to no avail.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 12:45 PM

1 reply

Sep 7, 2012 8:44 AM in response to adatherton

Same issue here. I have a 15" MBP I just got at work the begining of last week. I left it at work hooked up to the 2 new 27" Tb Displays i also received. Came back on tuesday of this week and the MBP wouldn't wake up. Disconnected the monitors and finally got my MBP to wake up after opening and closing the lid a few times. Now when I hook up the Tb Displays only one comes on, even when in clamshell mode. I even switched the wiring for the Tb connections and still no worky. Only the first display in the Tb chain works. My periferals are detected, but no image on Tb Display. I even tried clearing the PRAM, but that didn't seem to fix anything either.

W.T.F. Apple? 😠 The items were all brand new out of the box and worked for a week. This is so annoying!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thunderbolt did work, now doesn't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.