Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod suddenly will not turn on or charge

My ipod will not turn on or charge. I have tried both plugging into computer and plugging into wall direct and left "charging" all day.

The only thing that comes on the screen is the "low battery charging screen" (red battery with lightning bolt below) when I press a button while it is plugged in. My computer does not recognize that the device is plugged in. I have had no battery problems before this happened two days ago. Battery life has always been strong.

Any other suggestions? Please help!

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 4:11 PM

7 replies

Sep 5, 2012 4:37 PM in response to lllaass

Thanks for the tips.

I have tried multiple cables, wall charger and plugging into (multiple) computers. Neither iTunes nor my computer are recognizing the device when it is plugged in. I have also tried leaving plugged in over night on both powoer sources.

I have tried holding both buttons to reset. The screen quickly flashes white then goes back to:User uploaded file

Holding the home button to bring into recovery mode also has no effect.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Ipod suddenly will not turn on or charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.