Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am FED UP with iTunes

Each month it seems I have had to have my computer connect back up with the iTunes library because of some stupid numbered error. iTunes crashes, I have to restart. It gives me an error and I have to got through the steps of reconnecting the application with my library. Then the iTunes Match putzes around and doesn't match up my music that I bought from Apple and therefore I cannot get the songs onto my iPhone.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), MacBook, iMac, iPhone, iPod, iPhone

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 6:39 PM

9 replies

Sep 9, 2012 4:37 AM in response to Allan Eckert

I don't think it has anything to do with the connection. As long as I have been keeping my music and media on a seperate drive it has worked fine except in the past month or two. I hope it's not a Mountain Lion issue.

If it is a "bad file", how would I know? I have run Disk Utility on that drive and it says the drive is fine. Could it be the external hard drive is damaged? I would hate to buy a new hard drive, transfer all of the media and then still have the same problem. I have about 500 GB of music and movies.

Sep 15, 2012 5:03 PM in response to pdmeloon

I figured out what the problem was. Since it couldn't be the hard drive since Disk Utility OKed it, and the files all cleared Dick Utility, too, I figured it must be something with how I had the music set up. One of the times I had to start up iTunes I must have made a new iTunes folder on my external hard drive, but there was no music in it. I dragged my Music folder into it (they were right next to each other on the external hard drive) and the restarted iTunes and it started up fine. I believe I was trying to use the "Music " folder as the iTuens library and that caused the issue.

I am FED UP with iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.