Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magsafe green Macbook Pro (aluminium unibody) not booting - any impact of Mountain Lion on battery?

Hi,

I have the following issue and hope that someone can help me.

Notebook

- Macbook Pro 13'' aluminium unibody from mid 2011.

Sympthoms

- Mac OS upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion.

- Couple of days later during the use Macbook Pro shut down - battery was drained; Magsafe not plugged in.

- After plugging it Magsafe only green light was shown (cannot say whehter a "dim" green or "normal") - not charging.

Already checked

- I managed (not with the first attempt) to do the SMC (for Macbooks, where battery should not be removed), followed apple support steps and afterwards turn on the laptop.

- It worked fine, while the battery statys was showing "not chargin" and stayed between 1% and 2%. Wokred like this for two days - always with Magsafe in and green light.

- I did also try resetting PRAM - the Magsafe light never changed to amber.

Current state

- Yesterday it shut down again - accidentaly Mag safe was detached from the dc-in port.

- No way to turn on again - SMC reset seems to be not working; Magsafe light is always green.

Next steps ?

- Read a lot and realized this can be: dc-in, logic board or a software issue...

- Should I give it a try and open the unibody and try resetting SMC with battery out?

Many thanks for those who read this and have some input.

Lukasz

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 12:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 12:52 PM

Went to the official Apple premium service center, Memoire Vive SA at Rue de Valentin in Lausanne. They checked my Macbook for issues (free of charge, although the website stated 90 chf; my macbook is out of warranty now) and confirmed that the issue is with the Magsafe (I did not have a chance to check it earlier). Got the new one and everything started working properly. Luckily it was not DC-In, Logic board or any other abit more complicated thing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2012 12:52 PM in response to Kroczek

Went to the official Apple premium service center, Memoire Vive SA at Rue de Valentin in Lausanne. They checked my Macbook for issues (free of charge, although the website stated 90 chf; my macbook is out of warranty now) and confirmed that the issue is with the Magsafe (I did not have a chance to check it earlier). Got the new one and everything started working properly. Luckily it was not DC-In, Logic board or any other abit more complicated thing.

Magsafe green Macbook Pro (aluminium unibody) not booting - any impact of Mountain Lion on battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.