Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to play itunes music through bluetooth speaker

I have my Windows 7 PC paired with a bluetooth speaker. In my Window's settings it literally says that my computer can use the bluetooth speaker to play audio from the computer, so I want to know how I can play music from iTunes using the bluetooth speaker.

Yes I have already paired them, yes they are connected to eachother, and yes it defintiely supports bluetooth audio streaming.

Thanks 🙂

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2014 10:33 AM

In my personal case, after I linked up the Bluetooth speaker with Windows and it showed in the volume control panel as the default audio device, I had to completely exit and restart iTunes. As it starts, it apparently will find your newly designated default audio device. If you want to switch it back, you'll have to restart iTunes again, after changing the default audio device in the Windows Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Audio tab (choose your default) again.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2014 10:33 AM in response to mrhammac

In my personal case, after I linked up the Bluetooth speaker with Windows and it showed in the volume control panel as the default audio device, I had to completely exit and restart iTunes. As it starts, it apparently will find your newly designated default audio device. If you want to switch it back, you'll have to restart iTunes again, after changing the default audio device in the Windows Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Audio tab (choose your default) again.

Dec 30, 2014 10:14 AM in response to diesel vdub

You'd think that iTunes would play the sound through the Bluetooth speaker as soon as you pair it up (everything else does in Windows...). My ancient Windows XP computer shows the Bluetooth speaker as the default sound device, and everything plays through the Bluetooth speaker except for iTunes. So, while technically not an 'iTunes' issue, it certainly is related to the way that Apple software runs on a PC.

Oct 27, 2015 12:14 PM in response to mrhammac

I had this problem too, but I found a solution for windows 8.1 users.

1) Open iTunes and click the little black and white square icon in the upper left corner.

2) Click "Preferences" and click on the "Playback" tab at the top of the pop-up window.

3) Near the bottom of the window you'll see "Play Audio Using:", open the dropdown menu next to it and select "Direct Sound."

4) Click "OK" and close the pop-up window.

5) Restart iTunes.

You should now be able to play music through your bluetooth speaker. I hope this helps! 🙂

how to play itunes music through bluetooth speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.