Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion Filemaker/Server

I have a Filemaker Database hosted on a OSX Server running 10.6.8 Server.

I have a number of Mac clients connecting to this database all running 10.7 & either FM 10 or 11. Pretty easy to set up as once you point or browse FM to the server it jut see's it and away you go.

I have just upgraded on of the client Macs to 10.8 Mountain Lion, doing a completely new install (new HD) and reinstalled FM 10.

Tried to find and connect to the database on the server without success.

Thought it may be a version issue so installed FM12 on the client Mac running 10.8 but still cannot see the database.

Read some issues about how ML has turned off Apache web hosting but I was assuming this was for incoming connections to the client.

Anybody have any ideas of a fix?

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 3:37 AM

5 replies

Sep 6, 2012 3:52 AM in response to Graeme Jervis2

That is something you'll have to talk to FileMaker, Inc about. This is not related to the built-in Apache web server... ML does not block anything. It simply no longer has an easy way to turn on Apache, but Apache is still there. In any case, though, Apache is not relevant to FileMaker's sharing of databases. Even if you have web sharing turned on in FileMaker, that means that FileMaker itself acts as the web server, not Apache.

Sep 6, 2012 4:47 AM in response to Graeme Jervis2

FileMaker 12 changed the file format, which means that Pro 12 is unable to connect to FileMaker Pro/Server 11 or earlier (and Pro 11 or earlier is not able to connect to Pro/Server 12). If any one client needs to run FileMaker 12, you would have to upgrade everyone to FileMaker 12 (including the server).

If a copy of FileMaker Pro 12 has been purchased for one computer only, you can contact FileMaker Inc. and purchase a downgrade licence to FileMaker Pro 11, for US$5 (or similar prices in other currencies).

I can't explain why Pro 10 on Mountain Lion would be unable to connect to Pro/Server 10 or 11 on Snow Leopard.

FileMaker Inc. have not tested FileMaker 10 for Mountain Lion compatibility, so it may have some issues (it has some known issues on Lion, but not in the area of networked databases).

They have tested Pro 11 on Mountain Lion, and they claim it is compatible apart from complications with Gatekeeper for installation.

I'm running Pro 11 on Mountain Lion, but I haven't tried network connections to other instances of FileMaker 11. I can set up a test, but won't have a chance for a few days, so hopefully someone else will chip in.

You might also have better luck asking this question on the FileMaker discussion forums.

Mountain Lion Filemaker/Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.