Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't i use my external screen with messagecentre

I could not get the message centre in Mountain Lion working. Now I read that it will not work when you've got a second screen connected to the iMac. What for is this, will there be a solution for this soon?

And how can we ask Apple to change this?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), i7 8Gb

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 3:58 AM

2 replies

Sep 6, 2012 2:20 PM in response to McChristof

Hi,

You Tagged and Categorised the Post with Messages

Categories: Messages, Using OS X Mountain Lion

Tags: screen, lion, external, messages, mountain

I presume you are talking about the Messages app.

To start it off you need to list an Apple ID that you want to use with the iMessages Service.

This can then be used to send and receive iMessages from iOS devices or other Messages apps

The app can also use the older style iChat Screen Names and IDs and these can be added the same way they were in iChat.

The "iChat Side" is the bit that does the Screen Sharing and it should cope with some one using two Displays.

What you have to remember is that two side by side displays may have to be shown on one 15" monitor and everything can look very small.

User uploaded file
10:20 PM Thursday; September 6, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

why can't i use my external screen with messagecentre

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.