Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my password on my MSN account on my home computer and now I cannot send emails from my iPhone. Is there and outmail password that I need to change?

I changed my password on my MSN account on my home computer and now I cannot send emails from my iPhone. Is there an outmail password that I need to change?

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 12:03 PM

3 replies

Sep 6, 2012 12:32 PM in response to Baseball34

Don't delete anything as bhazel recommends. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and go to your MSN account. Scroll down to Outgoing Mail Server. Click on (touch) whatever your server is, then touch under primary server. then you should get a screen for outgoing mail server with your password. Change your password there. I use hotmail so it should be exactly the same since both are microsoft. my server is SMTP.live.com so your will be similar.

Jul 12, 2014 12:01 PM in response to telekelley

Ok I think I figured it out. Go to the email page in utilities and turn off all pop servers and delete the port number at the bottom. The reopen the primary pop server and enter your new password. It will tell you it doesn't work. Ignore that. Then go to your email account, where you have already entered your new password and turn it off. Shut down your utilities window and go to your mail icon. When it opens it will give you the option of a bunch of servers like yahoo etc. Open the outlook option and enter your email and your new password and, voila, you are golden. At first it will look like all your mail has been deleted, but wait a few minutes and it will show up. I'm not sure if all of these steps are necessary, but I included them all in case the were. Good luck!

I changed my password on my MSN account on my home computer and now I cannot send emails from my iPhone. Is there and outmail password that I need to change?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.