Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPod Touch 4th Generation freeze?

Hey everyone. I'm on iOS 5.1.1. After I slide to unlock my iTouch, the screen doesn't respond from 5-7 seconds. This happens every time when I haven't used the iPod for a couple of minutes. I don't want to turn off my auto lock, because I forget to lock my screen and it uses the battery. When my bluetooth is enabled, the iPod doesn't freeze after I slide to unlock. I don't want the bluetooth on because I don't want it using anymore battery than its already using. I have restored/reset my iPod numerous of times.

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 1:30 PM

5 replies

Dec 7, 2013 7:41 AM in response to logic227

It really helps if you restart the whole thing. You see the problem is that when you use your ipod allot ,you take up allot of memory so thats why it freezes and it may go to the extent that your ipod may not work if you dont " RESET ALL SETTINGS". I try this and afterwards it was working PERFERCTLY. you go to setting>>general>>reset>>RESET ALL SETTINGS then it should work without freezing if it still have problems then i suggest taking it to the apple store. I hope it helped anyone.🙂

Why does my iPod Touch 4th Generation freeze?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.