Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seems like I have several iClouds, what happened?

This discussion should also by in "iCloud on iOS" since it affects both, my Mac and my iPhone.

Not long ago I posted an issue about me having all birthdays and all contacts 4 times on my iPhone and on my Mac.

Somehow they got duplicated, and since I have "two" iClouds, 2 x 2 = 4. So four times everything now.

No matter in which applications' setting, I would always have two "iCloud" options. But I only have one iCloud account. And the data on both is different, my contacts for example ain't the same.

Can someone help me out? I'm desperate about this 😟

Thank you guys!

Greets

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 2:01 PM

2 replies

Sep 6, 2012 2:54 PM in response to Anon M

I found some new infos.

I went to icloud.com and deleted all duplicate contacts. Now all is fine.

I then went to my calendar, where I now only had all birthdays twice instead of four time. I clicked on one to delete it, it said this event can't be deleted and that I need to do this from the contacts app. I went back to the contacts app.

And now comes the interesting thing.

I told you I have "two" iClouds.

Well, I went to the system preferences -> iCloud. I clicked on "Account details" which opened a window, and an option to rename the iCloud. I renamed it "Testcloud".

And now I have one called "iCloud" and one called "Testcloud"

Check out the pic. I know it's not beautiful, but I hope it helps. It's the contacts window and the contacts settings. It says "All iCloud", "All testcloud" (not hard to guess haha).

User uploaded file

How do I get rid of one of them?

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone,

M.

Seems like I have several iClouds, what happened?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.