Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Out of Warranty Replacement to iPhone 5?

My iPhone 4 is busted and I was offered by Apple a 4S replacement for $149. But I'm not going to do that just weeks away from the release of 5. Question: Will I still be able to do an out of warranty replacement (even if at a higher price) for the 5?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 3:12 PM

13 replies

Sep 6, 2012 3:37 PM in response to jdj74

Obviously, you don't like receiving replies that don't answer your question. We can't answer because we don't know the answer. I was trying to alert you to that, but if you wish to wait for someone else to tell you the same thing, that's fine. And, whatever answer you do receive is not reliable because only Apple can make the decision.

I'll not reply again.

Sep 6, 2012 4:34 PM in response to jdj74

The only time I've known Apple to offer an "upgrade" to a newer model as a replacement was when they were temporarily out of stock of exact model replacements. IF that is the case, the "upgrade" offer has a very limited time... take it while it exists.

As Kappy stated, there is no iPhone 5, so waiting on the non-existent device to become available can become a very long wait.

Ask your local Apple store how long the offer for the 4S replacement is good for, the time frame may very well have passed already.

Feb 13, 2013 4:10 PM in response to adr8

adr8 wrote:

Which store was offering that? I'm not too far from Los Angeles and would drive there to try and upgrade my old broken 3GS with a 4S for that price.

Good luck on that, but I wouldn't hold your breath expecting it to happen.

Out of Warranty replacement is for same model, color, and capacity. It is not a way to upgrade devices.

If you want/need a newer model, buy one.

Out of Warranty Replacement to iPhone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.