If you want your default keychain to be unlocked automatically when you log in, synchronize your Keychain Access and account login passwords by doing this:
- Open Keychain Access (you can get to it by choosing Utilities from the Go menu in the Finder).
- From the Edit menu, choose Change Password for Keychain "login."
- Type the former password of the account that you are currently logged in to, then click OK.
- If you entered the correct password, a new window appears; enter the original password again in the Current Password field.
- In the New Password field, type the password that matches your current account password.
- Re-enter the newer password in the Verify field, then click OK.
I don't remember my original (former) account password
In this case, you'll need to delete the keychain. Deleting a keychain also deletes all the password data saved in that keychain.
- In Keychain Access, choose Preferences from the Keychain Access menu.
- If available, click the Reset My Default Keychain button. This will remove the login keychain and create a new one with the password provided.
- If Reset My Default Keychain is not available, choose Keychain List from the Edit menu.
- Delete the "login" keychain.
The next time you log in to the account, you can save your current password in a keychain.