Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone and iMac "Mail" password issues

So, as of 3 days ago whenever I use Apple "mail" program on my iMac or iPhone, I get an error message stating that "Mail can not connect with yahoo, please enter your yahoo password." I enter the password, and it accepts it as a valid password EVERY time, and I go on and check my mail as usual without issues.

However, if I come back online later that day on my iPhone or iMac, I have to go through this same crap again.

I have had this same yahoo e-mail account for over a year, along with the same password. For over a year, I have NEVER had 1 single issue with my apple mail/yahoo password. Yet, as of 3 days ago I have to enter it every 15mnts.

Any ideas????

Stumped.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 7:07 PM

yahoo mail servers and apple do not mix (aka ATT, SBC Global as they all use Yahoo as email servers)

Everything else does

6 replies

Sep 11, 2012 7:25 PM in response to firemediclex

I'm getting the same error and the same issue with my Yahoo account, and I've never had it until it started popping up around the first of this month. I get the error message constantly, and it's driving me crazy. I've repaired my keychain, re-entered the password many times, and though eventually it'll work, it's usually only a matter of minutes before the same error pops up again.

This is an account I've had for at least five years at this point, and I've never had a problem with the password until lately—so it's not merely a matter of the Yahoo mail servers and Apple not mixing.

Jul 10, 2014 8:05 PM in response to firemediclex

I've had no trouble with my 'yahoo' mail on my iPhone 4 until a couple of weeks ago. Messages like cannot connect to server, wrong password etc. Searched through a number of forums and tried a number of suggestions like deleting the account and re entering it. All no good for me. THEN, I went to my account via the browser on my phone and changed my password. Then put the new password into my phone (and lap top too). Hey Presto! All good.

To reset password go to 'Settings' - scroll down to 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars', open, then 'open' the account that is giving you problems (if you have more than one) at the top of the screen it says 'account' tap to open it and delete the old password and put in the new one. That should fix it !! I imagine it would be the same kind of solution to gMail and any other mail programs.

iPhone and iMac "Mail" password issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.