Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

default crossfade?

my apologies in advanced, i'm new to fpx.

whenever i insert a title it automatically adds a crossfade to the beginning and end of it. i dont know how to remove it. suggestions?

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 9:41 PM

2 replies

Sep 6, 2012 9:54 PM in response to yangjef2

Have you tried trashing your preferences?

Unexplained faults like this can often be fixed by clearing out FCP X's preferences (for some reason, they get knotted up from time to time).

Download Digital Rebellion's Preference Manager (free, simple to use, and perfectly safe, both to download and use).

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

With Preference Manager, you can backup the Prefs when FCP X (or any of the Apple Professional Applications) are working normally. Then when either of the applications are acting strangely, Trash the Preferences, then Restore from your backups (just a mouse-click).

If you trash the prefs and don't restore them, you will need to manually restore all your FCP X settings again, so it's a great idea to backup Preferences from time to time when FCP X is working well, then your backups are up to date.

Doesn't fix every problem, but it fixes a lot.

Andy

Sep 7, 2012 4:02 AM in response to yangjef2

That depends on the title you use. Some have the ease in and out and do not publish it, so you can't avoid that.

Some you can change in the Inspector: look for a box called Build In (or Build Out) and UNcheck it.

If you do want a specific title and you are not allowed to deactivate the build in or out, you may be able to open a copy in Motion and publish those parameters, then use that copy in FCP X.

default crossfade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.