Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my UK bought iPhone repaired/replaced in China?

I have recently moved to Shanghai from the UK. My. iPhone 4S has developed a fault and the mobile data now doesn't work. I took it into the apple store here but they could not fix it - they accept that it is a hardware fault. They also say that as a UK IPhone is different from a Chinese one, they cannot repair or replace it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to sort this out? My phone is still under warranty.

Thanks very much

Sandy

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 11:42 PM

1 reply

Sep 7, 2012 3:56 AM in response to Edward Arbuthnott

You do not... the iPhone warranty is not International.

Warranty and support are only valid in the country of origin. The only exception is for devices purchased in the EU. For Warranty and Support purposes the entire EU is considered one "country". So take your device to an Apple store in any EU country (since it originated in an EU country) and let them deal with the issue.

How do I get my UK bought iPhone repaired/replaced in China?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.