Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preordered album manually downloaded - album twice!?

Today, by accident I manually downloaded the new Billy Talent album which I had preordered some weeks ago. (I'll never do this again, by the way...)

Just to be sure, before I downloaded I tried to search for available downloads in order to check if there was already a download; there was none. But I thought that my preorder obviously hadn't worked and so I downloaded the album manually!

Then, halfway through listening the new album, I received an e-mail telling me my preordered album was now available for download!

And now there I have my manually downloaded album plus the NOT YET downloaded album in my "downloads"-folder!

Is it possible to cancel this whole album in my downloads-folder? And am I going to be charged for this album, too?

P.S.: I don't see a reason why a preorder download should be possible only from 09:09:50 in the morning, which is when I received the available-preorder notification, and not from the very first second of the day!!

iTunes-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 12:40 AM

2 replies

Sep 7, 2012 3:26 AM in response to MacBook2237

In the unlikely event that you have been charged twice contact the iTunes Store support staff through the "Report a problem" links in your account history, or via Contact Support.

For an album it is probably best to let all downloads complete and then tidy up the duplicate tracks. For larger downloads, i.e. movies, you can pause the download, then delete the contents of your downloads folder, but it requires someone from support to flush your download queue otherwise every time iTunes "checks for avaialable downloads" the file is going to start downloading again.

tt2

Sep 8, 2012 7:54 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for your reply.

Since I was indeed charged twice, I already did this after posting my question here; after having the familiar problem that the login-bar shows up three times in a row although I've correctly typed my password (after relaunching my computer it finally worked), I managed to report my problem.

Yesterday I received an email telling me that in the next 3 to 5 days I'd be granted the cost to be spent for my next purchase.

So, my problem is solved. In the case somebody has the same problem in the future I think it's not unwise to leave this thread open. 🙂

Preordered album manually downloaded - album twice!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.