Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to highlicht sundays or weekends in ical?

I would like to have ALL saturdays and sundays marked or highlighted in the iCal display. How can I configure that?

(I am thinking about a light gray color, similar to the default display of for example the old PalmDesktop calendar display. This should affect the main window, but also the month-overview on the lower left corner.)

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, MBP 2,66 GHz Intel Core Duo with 10.6

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 1:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 4:15 AM

You can't with Snow Leopard. I don't think you can do it in Mountain Lion, either.

3 replies

Sep 8, 2012 5:41 AM in response to John Maisey

Hi John and Austin,

I think both of you are correct (when looking at iCal "Version 6.0 (1639)" with 10.8.1/ML).

Thanks!

The "very subtle grey in Month view" is visible on my iMac as well, but ONLY in Month view.

This (almost invisible) highlighting is not shown in Week view. In my initial question, I was addressing Week view (without mentioning).

This is inconsistent - one may hope that Apple will fix this (and also the "invisibility").

Maybe, some extension programmer has already generated a tool to modify these settings of iCal?

(And at the same time removes the terrible "leather look" of iCal? Yes, I know there are descriptions how to change the resources. But I would prefer a tool that allows to modify the "skin" of iCal and Contacts via a GUI.)

Bests, BW

Added: check here: http://tweaksapp.com/app/mountain-tweaks/

The tools allows to remove the "leather skin", but does nothing to highlight sundays or weekends in iCal's Week view.

Message was edited by: bwadma

How to highlicht sundays or weekends in ical?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.