Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't cut and paste any images into apple mail

I have had my MacBook Pro for over three years now, without much trouble, but recently I've been unable to send images that I have cut and pasted into Apple mail. I can attach an image that I have saved in my photos and it will send but I can not send an image that I have cut and pasted from the internet.

I am using a gmail pop account and firefox as my primary browser. It took me a few times to figure this out as the image appears to be attached in my mail, but is removed when I send, such that if I have text and an image in an email the recipient receives only the text. Before I hit send I can see both the text and the image.

I have tried starting again in safe mode and repairing permissions. That has not helped. I can login to my gmail regularly and cut and paste images with no problem.

This is exceptionally frustrating.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 4:33 AM

5 replies

Dec 31, 2014 10:45 AM in response to BDAqua

Hello. In 2012 you answered a query about the following problem:

"I have had my MacBook Pro for over three years now, without much trouble, but recently I've been unable to send images that I have cut and pasted into Apple mail. I can attach an image that I have saved in my photos and it will send but I can not send an image that I have cut and pasted from the internet."

This problem started with me this morning and it does not happen when I open a test account. The thread stops after you asked if it occurs in the test account, did you ever find a solution to this issue? I am using mac mail 3.6 on system 10.5.8.

I hope you receive this, I have never posted in one of these forums.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

I can't cut and paste any images into apple mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.