Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant see my photos I moved to the trash

I recently connected a compact flash drive to my iMac, and moved the photos that I thought were duplicates straight to the trash. However upon further inspection it would appear some newer ones that were not recorded to the iMac prior to moving them to the trash.

The thing is.. I cant see any of the images I just transfered over. Trash is telling me my last added items were from 7 days ago? I moved over 400 images in there.

Is there any way of being able to see these images again? I am in the process of doing a disk recovery on the compact flash card, but I'd like to know for curiosity and to save a mountain of time..

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 1:23 PM

Generally, things on a Flash Drive will be trashed for good, Recovery is your best bet.

4 replies

Sep 7, 2012 8:18 PM in response to Charlee Girl

Hi.

Plug the flash drive back into your iMac, then check the trash again.

If you trash someting on an external drive, but do not empty the trash and subsequently remove or eject the external drive, those items that were in the trash from the external or flash drive no longer show up in the trash on the desktop. When you plug the drive back in, however, they will reappear in the desktop trash... until the trash is emptied.

Maybe you won't need recovery after all?

EDIT - clarification... When you plug the drive back in, however, they will reappear in the desktop trash... until the trash is emptied while the external drive is still mounted on the computer.

I cant see my photos I moved to the trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.