Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile Manager does not show all the Users

Hello everyone,

I just finished a fresh install of ML Server. Currently, I have 6 local network users (I see all of them under Accounts > Users in Server.app) but I can only see 3 of them under the Users section of the Profile Manager.

Does anyone know how if there is a way to "refresh" the user databse in Profile Manager ? I tried to follow the instructions on that page :

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5349

without success.

Thank you very much for help !

OS X Server, Mountain Lion Server

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 6:49 AM

I found a workaround to this problem.

I noticed that the users actually shown in Profile Manager where those who had *explicitly* the right to access the Profile Manager. Those who did not show where those how had the right to access the Profile Manager by inheritance (i.e., because they belong to a group configured to grant access to the Profile Manager).

So the workaround is simple (but certainly unacceptable when the number of users is large) : remove the rights from the group and explicitly add those rights to each user.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2012 6:49 AM in response to elgringito

I found a workaround to this problem.

I noticed that the users actually shown in Profile Manager where those who had *explicitly* the right to access the Profile Manager. Those who did not show where those how had the right to access the Profile Manager by inheritance (i.e., because they belong to a group configured to grant access to the Profile Manager).

So the workaround is simple (but certainly unacceptable when the number of users is large) : remove the rights from the group and explicitly add those rights to each user.

Profile Manager does not show all the Users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.