Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport suddenly lost connection.

Hello
I have been using my imac for a couple of months now. It connected to my wireless network right out of the box ( I have a Dlink di-624 wireless router with cable internet access). Two days ago as I was surfing the internet I lost my connection. I only lost my connection on this imac. I also have another mac and two pcs on the wireless network that saw no loss of connection. When I try to connect to the network I receive a message stating "There was an error joining the AirPort network "default". I am unable to ping the router. No settings on the router were changed at all ( ssid is default, I don't use WEP or any passwords for accessing the wireless network because I live in an area where I don't have to worry about that). Has anyone else experienced the AirPort stopping like this? Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thank You
- Chris

17" imac intel core duo, Mac OS X (10.4.5)

Posted on Apr 1, 2006 10:55 PM

2 replies

Apr 2, 2006 10:04 AM in response to RiverBill

thank you for the reply. I have tried turning the airport on and off but with no success. I have also tried cycling the power on my router and cable modem. I was actually able to connect by turning the airport off, then cycling the power on both the cable modem and router, then turning the airport back on. I have a connection but it is weaker then before. But I still have a signal so thank you.

Airport suddenly lost connection.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.