Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I USED to like Apple, having used Macs since 1993. I called their 'support' with the problem of huge loss of volume after bouncing tracks. I was told that it would cost me £85 to proceed although he couldn't be sure he could solve it!

I have read answers to this all over the net and NOTHING BLOODY WORKS! As I said, the Apple 'Support' guy claimed to have never heard of this problem but wanted my money anyway even though it's Apple software operating on a ******* Apple Mac!

I have done the compressing and limiting the final mix thing. I have changed the Pan Law setting to 0Db whatever that means. I have increased the output, decreased the output, increased the master, decreased the master. Nothing works. Why the **** bloody Apple can't just answer questions about their own products instead of users having to ask their other customers, I don't know...maybe it's so they can make even more money...

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 7:42 AM

2 replies

Sep 8, 2012 5:43 PM in response to AppleLoverNoLonger

Apple has recently been set up by wall street as the most valuable company ever - which means Apple could not care less about your problem or your desire to exit AppleWorld. For every longtime fanboy who gets disgusted by the new Apple, 100 new iPhone/iPad users show up. Face it, we are all headed to the rubbish bin.

anyway ...

What computer are you running?

What version of OSX are you running?

What verision of Logic are you running?

and so on ...

x

Sep 9, 2012 1:46 AM in response to Studio X

Thanks for your support.

Actually I think I may have actually solved the problem myself. After trying everything I simply set the 'OUTPUT' at 0 Db (don't really know what that means), and the 'MASTER' at 12 Db (not '-12', just 12 - still don't know waht it means! But it actually worked, the volume of the .wav file was almost exactly the same as the Logic file - so I didn't need to give Apple £85.00 after all!

BTW, in answer to your questions...

IMac with 4Gb RAM

Version 10.6.8

Logic Express 8.0.2

I USED to like Apple, having used Macs since 1993. I called their 'support' with the problem of huge loss of volume after bouncing tracks. I was told that it would cost me £85 to proceed although he couldn't be sure he could solve it!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.