Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain lion and open office

I installed mountain lion, but after that open office does not work any more. What can I do?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 11:04 AM

12 replies

Jan 25, 2013 5:27 PM in response to metallovile

there's another thread with this topic of personality clash between ML and OO here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4149451?start=15&tstart=0

i posted in length there about the issues i'm having, and won't take the time to repeat. but woodmeister's post gave me another heads up as to the possible real issue...

just thought i'd point out (the problem could be several things, see that thread for suggestions),

from looking around the internet a bit, it seems there are multiple programs (apps) that want the old java runtime to work properly. AND that the problems with OO maybe, possibly, *could?* have to do with the fact that the java SE 6 runtime doesn't come installed on ML...? so, if only i had an internet connection (also need java se 6 for my usb modem to function), i'd probably be good to go... or at least i'd know for sure. urgh.

when i upgraded my older mac to ML last week, i had a connection to internet and the java se 6 runtime prompt came up automatically, which i downloaded directly and whether or not everything depended on that or not, it all (java, OO, etc.) now works on the old mac. but NOT on the new mac that can't connect and doesn't have the java se 6 installed.

i'm putting it all on hold until i can get my new mac to a wifi hotspot. maybe that will do it...

here's hoping!

Mountain lion and open office

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.