Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If delete a file from the downloads does it delete from applications?

In my downloads folders is.....let's just say...alot. I was attempting to manually clean "stuff" and noticed there was a file called iWork09'trial in the dowloads folder. Yes I have and paid for 08' and 09' iWork. If I delete from downloads are applications affected?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 5:04 PM

It shouldn't affect it as those sound like they're just the dmg installation files. As long as you see them in your Applications folder they are unaffected by anything in your Downloads folder. But a good way to test it out is to go ahead and put them in the Trash, open your program from the Applications folder and if it still works you're safe to empty your Trash. Hope that helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2012 5:04 PM in response to TBrownOfMaryland

It shouldn't affect it as those sound like they're just the dmg installation files. As long as you see them in your Applications folder they are unaffected by anything in your Downloads folder. But a good way to test it out is to go ahead and put them in the Trash, open your program from the Applications folder and if it still works you're safe to empty your Trash. Hope that helps!

If delete a file from the downloads does it delete from applications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.