Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viber no contacts and no activation code

Since i update my father iphone viber and there is required me to regis again. And it does not send me the activation code and there is no contacts in viber.

My father using +6012 xxx xxxx.

iPhone 4

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 10:48 PM

17 replies

Sep 24, 2012 12:22 AM in response to theViberTeam

Hello I have updated to IOS6 Viber was working well all day yesterday. Turned my phone off and this morning I am unable to access any contacts. It keep saying please go to privacy settings and make sure Viber on for contacts. Affirmative that this is on.

I have deleted and re installed and although it says access code sent to phone it doesnt appear.

It seems I am not the only one experiencing this problem. When will it be resolved

Thank you

Oct 20, 2012 4:10 AM in response to theViberTeam

I am having the problem of Viber not accessing my contacts and telling me to go to:

Privacy>Contacts>Viber>"On"

BUT it does not appear under this menu option!

I have tried uninstalling the app, manually making a call, manually sending a message and even tried the Deactivating Account from the handset!

Running iPhone 4 with iOS 6.0 on the EE/Orange network - any help appreciated!

Jan 25, 2013 7:46 AM in response to Kaijun_ee

I'm sorry, but what exactly are you guys thinking when you give away all of your address book details to a company like Viber that shares that info with third parties they trust, without asking you or getting your permission for every instance?

Also, why are you using Viber when they clearly state they record the phone calls?

I don't know about you, but I'm amazed it has so many users. You must really not care about all the people who trusted you with their phone numbers, email addresses, mug shots, addresses, birthdays. What do you think happens when a disgruntled employee makes a copy of all of that? What do you think happens when a hacker gets to Viber's servers?

Think before you use services like these. Apple has a lot to lose if iCloud leaks your address book somehow, but Viber? It is here today, could be gone tomorrow.

Jan 27, 2013 1:50 AM in response to TiGPS

Hi @TiGPS -

Thank you for expressing your concerns. We're always happy to address users' doubts and worries.

First, it is important to be accurate – we only collect names and phone numbers, nothing else. Naturally, we collect users' information not because we are curious of its content nor for commercial purposes, but only for functional reasons, and in order for us to enable the service that we, as a company, promise to provide. Without that information, Viber cannot function. This is not different from any other major social network/communication service provider in our world nowadays.

Regarding your claim that we "record phone calls" - this simply is wrong. We don't, and never have, recorded our users' Viber calls, nor do we save copies of our users' text messages in our servers.

I would like to clarify: we *do not* and will never sell users' information to third-parties and we keep this information well locked in our servers, with extremely limited access to it. This information (in great detail) is explained in our very clear and transparent Privacy Policy - to which we are committed by law - that can be found in our official homepage. Have you taken a close look at it?

If after reading it carefully there are still doubts or questions, then we will be more than happy to assist and clarify and answer any of them.

Viber no contacts and no activation code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.