Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dashboard zooms back to desktop after clicking or inserting widget

Recently, I am running into a quirky problem that is occuring in my Dashboard. Whenever I go to my Dashboard, and try to click once on any of my widgets, my screen will automatically go back to my desktop, rendering my Dashboard useless. This problem also occurs if I try to add a widget from the widget menu. The only time it doesnt happen is when I remove a widget. This problem is also resolved temporarily when I restart my Macbook, however the problem will return to haunt me after using Dashboard for a while. If i do not restart my Macbook, after switching apps (for example using Safari) and going back to Dashboard, the problem will not occur again.

I still don't know where is the root of the problem. So if anyone has experienced the same problem as me, please do share your thoughts. Hopefully someone has an idea on how to solve this problem entirely! I do not want to restart my laptop all the time in the middle of my work when the problem occurs.

Thanks

UPDATE: Apparently, this only occurs when i swipe to switch to Dashboard from MS Word. When I am using Safari, the problem does not occur. Hope that clears things up.

Message was edited by: medeostrike

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 11:54 PM

3 replies

Dashboard zooms back to desktop after clicking or inserting widget

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.