Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The apple store is so unhelpful. I have an iMac computer operating on Mac OSX 10.5.8. I want to upgrade to the latest Mountain Lion operating system so I can work with the iCloud on my computer and download my email. I can't seem to purchase this on-line

The apple store is so unhelpful. I have an iMac computer operating on Mac OSX 10.5.8. I want to upgrade to the latest Mountain Lion operating system so I can work with the iCloud on my computer and download my emails. I can't seem to purchase this on-line as it keeps telling me to go to the app store. I haven't got the app store on my computer as I am told I need iCloud for which I need the new operating system, which I can't download or purchase as I am sent back to an instruction telling mee to go to the app store icon.

How difficult can it be to simply purchase the software on-line have it shipped to you so you can install it, in the event it cannot be downloaded as it appears it can't be based on my curent operating systems being Mac OSX 10.5.8.

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 4:57 AM

2 replies

Sep 8, 2012 5:19 AM in response to nwoodfin

Requirements for OS X 10.6 'Snow Leopard'

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP575

Whilst Apple have withdrawn Snow Leopard from download, you can still get it from Apple by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE (if you are in the USA) and they will supply the SL DVD for $30. You can also purchase the code to use to download Lion from the same number.

Requirements for Mountain Lion:

http://www.apple.com/osx/specs/

Sep 8, 2012 6:29 AM in response to nwoodfin

Just to add to Klaus' post, you need to install Snow Leopard from the DVD and then update it to 10.6.8 to get the App Store. There you can either download Mountain Lion, or use the code Klaus mentioned to download Lion.

When you ring the number, be sure to ask for a sales representative.

Incidentally, the last reported price was $19.99 for a single-user licence and $29,99 for a family (5-seat) licence.

The apple store is so unhelpful. I have an iMac computer operating on Mac OSX 10.5.8. I want to upgrade to the latest Mountain Lion operating system so I can work with the iCloud on my computer and download my email. I can't seem to purchase this on-line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.