Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verizon outgoing mail issue

Using Imac (intel). I cannot get my emails to send. It keeps telling me my outgoing server is not set up correctly yet the correction doctor says everything is fine and gives me the green light. I have four accounts set up with Verizon so my question is, on the outgoing server section, should it be the main acccount for all three subaccounts under advanced? I looked at Apple's set up window which tells you to use MD5- Challenge RES but everywhere else it says to use password.

Help!

iMac

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 9:11 AM

6 replies

Sep 8, 2012 9:18 AM in response to redozman

If it ever worked then it's probably just a corrupt setting. Go into Mail - Preferences - Accounts and re-input all the settings. They may look just fine on the surface when you look at them but underneath may be corrupted so re-inputting each setting re-established it. You need to be methodical because you can't see which setting is corrupt. Give this a try and then test.

Sep 8, 2012 9:34 AM in response to redozman

Before you go off making all kinds of changes please do as I instructed in my first post. You didn't tell me if it ever worked before so I don't really have a starting point. If it never worked then you need to contact Verizon for instructions, if Verizon is of no use then you will need to call AppleCare and see if they can help you set it up. BTW have you carefully gone through Mail Can receive email, but not send email?

Sep 8, 2012 9:52 AM in response to redozman

redozman wrote:

Under Outgoing - Advanced all four accounts show the main user email address. Is that the way it should be when dealing with more than one account?

Each of those accounts should have its own address and password. Each account under SMTP in Outgoing Mail Server should show with its own address. And try using Password or APOP for authentication. Either of those should work with Verizon.

Sep 8, 2012 11:57 AM in response to redozman

You should see different account names (is that what you mean by server name?) for each account using the up/down arrows in the drop down. "outgoing verizon.net" always remains the same. This is from my Snow Leopard Mail. It will probably look different if you are using Lion or Mountain Lion.

User uploaded file

At the left, the white space in the screen shot, you should see all the accounts listed. They are deliberately cut off in my screen shot.

Verizon outgoing mail issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.