Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Accessory not supported by iPad

I have the iPad 2 and purchased the memory card reader accessory through Apple. It has worked for the past year with no problems but the past 2 times I have plugged it into my iPad I continually get the error message "this accessory is not supported by this device". I have tried restarting my iPad with the accessory plugged in and with it not plugged in, both produce the same results.

Please help!

iPad 2

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 11:56 AM

4 replies

Feb 22, 2015 11:54 AM in response to Lissie1511

There were some iPhone fires caused by off-brand cables and Apple was blamed. IOS-8 ensures that only approved cables will be used. However, it appears that it has been incorrectly identifying true Apple cables as non-approved!

If your cable is not Apple, your only option is to replace it with an Apple cable. If you do have an Apple able, you need to contact Apple support - 800-275-2273 in the U.S.A. and I think Canada. If an Apple Store is convenient for you, a visit there is probably a better solution.

Apple Accessory not supported by iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.